1. Where we stand on Privacy and Data Protection
- Your privacy, and having it protected is important
- We only collect your data when we feel it's necessary
- Like you, we don't like receiving spam and we don't send it either
- We also don't like complicated legal jargon and have tried to make this document simple and easy to understand
- We don't sell, distribute or make your personal information public
We're based in the UK and the way we conduct our business and use the information we collect from this website should reflect the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). We do our best to make sure we adhere to this lengthy set of regulations, but if there is something that you'd like to tell us about, or need more information, please get in touch via our contact page.
3 Personal information we collect and why
In order to carry out or day to day activities, we collect and use a limited amount of personal information for the following reasons:
3.a Site visitor tracking
3.b Contact forms and email links
If you contact us using the contact form on our website, or via an email link on one of our website pages, none of the data you provide will be stored in our website's database. Email enquiries we receive via the website are stored on our server. We retrieve these emails and may store them on (or delete them from) the server, or our office computers in order to carry out our normal day-to-day activities efficiently. When contacting us via email, we recommend that you only provide us with information that you consider necessary for us to give you an accurate response. In other words, please avoid sending us confidential or otherwise sensitive information in your email.
4. More about cookies
You can choose to accept or decline cookies by altering the setting in your web browser e.g Chrome, Firefox etc. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies to suit your preferences. However, this may affect your browsing experience. If you wish to prevent cookies from this website being stored on your computer, please disable them in your browser or navigate away and clear any cookies that have been set.
In general, cookies on this website are used for:
- Analytical/performance purposes (see also point 3.a above) - this allows us to recognise and calculate the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate around the website when they are using it.
- Sharing purposes – this allows you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
5. About this website's hosting and server
This website is maintained by us and we use 34SP.com to provide a managed VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting environment. The server is based in Manchester, UK. All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
6. Data breaches
We take data breaches seriously. In accordance with the ICO's guidelines on this, we will report any unlawful personal data breach stored in an identifiable manner to the relevant individuals within 72 hours of becoming aware of it. This is dependent on whether or not it is deemed to be a 'high risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals'.
This page may change from time to time to take into account an errors, omissions or changes of legislation. As it's not practical to notify all clients or website users of these changes, we recommend that you check this page occasionally for any changes.